RMNs needed ASAP – Mental health nurses
£16.50 per hour – permanent, full time
– Must have an up to date pin
– Must be RMN or RN (mental health) qualified
– Must have experience working with mental health patients
– Must be NMC registered
Prism7 is recruiting for experienced Mental Health Nurses – RMNs to join our client in Fareham, Hampshire on a permanent, full time contract.
Our client is one of the leading quality care providers within the region, providing residential care facilities for adults with physical and neuro disabilities, and mental health.
The main responsibility of the RMN will be to provide direct care to their inpatients, assessing needs and managing risks whilst maintaining a therapeutic and safe environment.
You will be facilitating patient centered care that focuses upon recovery, rehabilitation, empowerment and improving the quality of life for people. The successful candidate will be RMN qualified who is caring, compassionate, confident, competent, and courageous with excellent communication skills who enjoys working within a challenging but ultimately rewarding clinical environment.
Main duties & Responsibilities include:
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a residential setting, ensuring the delivery of holistic, recovery care to all service users, through the supervision and support of staff at lower grades and in the implementation of the Care Programme Approach.
• Fulfil the role of key worker, thus co-ordinating and participating in holistic and recovery support plans for a defined group of service users
• To maintain skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to latest guidelines and best practice evidence available.
• Ensure the ongoing safety of residents, staff and visitors through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes.
• Ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used.
• To be responsible for upholding resident’s rights under the Mental Health Act Ensuring Mental Health Act paperwork is scrutinised and regularly checked. Provide service users with relevant information and documentation relating to leave entitlements and their rights under the Mental Health Act.
• Ensure service users are helped to get legal representation where appropriate and/or support from advocacy agencies.
• Act as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice.
• To take charge of the unit regularly as the shift leader and, in the absence of the management team, accepting responsibility for the smooth and effective running of the unit.